Is this a web based service?
How many locations can I map?
The annual subscription for Maptive Plus can map up to 100,000 locations per map. Note that map performance visibly declines after 75,000 addresses, depending on the accompanying data included. Maptive Free can map up to 250 locations per map. Please see our pricing page for more information on locations and geocodes/month: https://www.maptive.com/pricing/
How many maps are included and what are 'reusable' maps?
The Individual Annual License Subscription comes with 40 recyclable or reusable maps. The Team Annual License Subscription comes with 100 recyclable or reusable maps. What this means for you is, if you have 40 individual maps or data sets loaded and saved in Maptive, if you delete one then you have 39 and can create a new map. You can also overwrite a any map. If you are on the annual subscription and need more maps just email us at
The 45 day subscription plan renews every 45 days and includes 15 reusable maps. Maptive free comes with 5 maps. These maps cannot be increased.
Do you have a feature list?
Are these Google based maps?
Yes! We’ve built our software on top of Google’s mapping platform in order to give our users the benefit of Google's global coverage, mapping accuracy, and many well loved features such as street view and powerful searching.
What countries can I map in?
We're mapping in over 210 countries! Maptive is powered by Google's enterprise level mapping technology so our customers can expect global coverage, world class tools, and unmatched performance. Refer to Google's country list for a complete list of countries and coverage types.
Can I group or filter my data?
Look for the 'Group By' selector in your map settings area. Select any of your data columns and Maptive will assign unique marker colors to each location type. How to Use The Grouping Tool
Maptive's filtering will allow you to isolate and then view only the locations (and accompanying data) that is most helpful to you. How to Use The Filter Tool
Do you have a spreadsheet template to help with formatting?
Yes! Our spreadsheet template also shows you how to link to an image or a website.
Are my maps private?
Everything in your Maptive account is All maps are private by default and can only be seen if you choose to share the link to them.
Is my data secure?
We take security and privacy seriously:
- We don't share customer data with anyone, whatsoever.
- If you have a support request that might be helped by us accessing your map or data, we'll first ask for you permission before proceeding
- We are licensed with Google's enterprise level mapping services. All data that is geocoded through Google is secured using 256-bit SSL encryption.
- Our website and customer data is hosted with RackSpace - consistently ranked in the top 5 hosting providers worldwide. You might also read RackSpace's response to the recent events involving NSA's PRISM program.
Do you have a built in spreadsheet editing tool?
Yes! Edit, add, delete, or append (using the 'Add to Existing Data' button) data quickly while reducing or eliminating the need to move back and forth from your spreadsheet to Maptive.
Can I update my map automatically? Do you have an API?
Yes! You can connect any CRM data base to your map using our API. For more information, please email us at
What markers are available?Seventeen custom map markers (in sets of 25) are available on your map admin page in addition to Google’s map marker set.
Can I host Maptive on my own servers?
Maptive is entirely cloud-based. We do not offer a self-hosted version of the product.
How accurate are your maps?
We are licensed with Google to ensure our customers get the best combination of location accuracy, global coverage in over 210 countries and mapping technologies available.
Does Maptive work on mobile devices?
Yes, Maptive works on mobile devices such as touch screen tablets and smart phones.
What are the differences between Maptive and Batchgeo?
Maptive Plus and Batchgeo Pro are sister products and companies. Maptive Plus mainly differs in that it is focused on larger data sets and analytics. Here are some key differences with Maptive Plus (as of April 4, 2013):
- Plot up to 100,000 locations per map
- Group by up to 200 locations
- Filtering Tool
- Multi-Point driving directions
- Snapshots feature for saving versions of a map for presentations or easy reference later
- Inline spreadsheet editing tools
- Multiple marker selections
- Assign custom markers to grouped locations
What are the differences between Maptive and MapPoint?
Here are some key differences between Maptive and MapPoint:
- Maptive is 100% online. This means anytime/anywhere access and no software to download or install.
- Maptive is powered by Google's enterprise mapping technology, which means global coverage in over 214 countries and world class mapping tools that most people are already familiar with.
- Maptive is designed to be simple to use and share with others. Paste a spreadsheet into Maptive and start seeing your data on a map seconds later.
- Maps can be shared with users without those users needing a license.
Can I link to another website from my map markers?
You can link to other websites from your map markers by including a website column and URLs for each of your locations. Check our spreadsheet template to see how this is done. Customizing Your Marker Popup Bubbles
Do your maps include a map legend or key?
Yes! Maptive can generate a map legend using our Grouping Tool simply by selecting which data columns you would like to see categorized or grouped. Maptive will assign unique marker colors to each location type. Map users can then click the product names in the grouping tool to selectively view them on the map or choose to see them all at once.
How many people can view my published map? What are the 'map view' limits?
Maptive doesn’t currently have any map view limits however this could be subject to change if Google ever changes licensing terms that effect these limits.
Can I password protect my maps?
Yes! Maptive Plus allows you to password protect individual maps. Map visitors must enter the password you specify in order to view and interact with your map.
How can I permanently delete my data and maps?
It's easy. All you need to do is delete the map associated with the data you wish to discard and it will be deleted permanently from our data base. You do this by clicking the box to the left of the map. Once checked scroll to the top and you will see a delete choice has appeared, click delete to complete the removal of your map and the data set associated with it.