Maptive Free FAQ
Issues mapping data? Please check:
- Your data is in a tabulated format, such as an Excel or Google spreadsheet.
- The first row of your spreadsheet should contain column names such as Name, City, State, etc.
- Our spreadsheet template as a visual reference.
- Match up under the 'Match Up Your Data' are set properly.
- Enough correct location data is included. At a minimum, City + State or Zip code will work.
Do you have a feature list?
- 250 locations per map
- Tools available are: Grouping Tool; Filter Tool is limited; Drawing Tool
- On the right side of your map you are left with Show My Location and Add A Map Marker to Your Map.
I have more than 250 locations to map
Maptive Free maps a total of 250 locations. Check out Maptive Plus for mapping up to to 100,000 locations per map.
I need to group more than 6 location types
Check out Maptive Plus for groups up to 200 location types.
How do I group locations?
Select any of your data columns under the 'group by' drop down near the top of the settings area. Maptive will automatically assign colored markers and create a clickable map legend for viewing grouped locations.
How do I include images with my map markers or link to websites?
See our spreadsheet template for an example of how this is done.
Are these Google based maps?
Yes! We’ve built our software on top of Google’s mapping platform in order to give our users the benefit of Google's global coverage, mapping accuracy, and many well loved features such as street view and powerful searching.
Are my maps private?
All maps are private by default and can only be seen if you choose to share the link to them.
What countries can I map in?
We're mapping in over 210 countries! Maptive is powered by Google's enterprise level mapping technology so our customers can expect global coverage, world class tools, and unmatched performance. Refer to Google's country list for a complete list of countries and coverage types.
I can't sign-in to my account
How do I change my account password?
Click on the silhouette of a person in the bottom left hand side of your screen. That will open your Account Settings. You can change your password there or change your email.
Best web browsers to use with Maptive?
Maptive works on all major browsers but is fastest on Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer, in that order. If you must use Internet Explorer, try the Chrome Plugin for IE for better performance.
How do I report a bug or issue?
To report a software bug, please contact us.